Monday, September 17, 2007

The 7 Deadly Sins of Makeup











I know, I know....I am out doing myself today with two posts, but I just had to. This couldn't wait until Wednesday. Walking around DC today, I could not help but spot women sporting some horrible makeup.




Ladies, here are a couple of things to consider when deciding what makeup to wear.



1. YOUR EYESHADOW DOES NOT HAVE TO MATCH YOUR CLOTHES or YOUR LIPSTICK!!! I can't tell you how many times I have seen this today alone. Makeup is about coordinating with your clothing but not matching. If you have on a purple shirt, it is ok to wear a gold or muted green shadow. Imagine seeing someone with a green shirt, green eyeshadow, and green shoes and acessories......




2. Extreme Brow highlights are outdated. I think I see this more from people who are MAC victims. It is ok to have a brow highlight, because naturally there is a highlight there. BUT if you are a chocolate gal walking around with NW25 under the brow.....please find the nearest bottle of makeup remover. Makeup is about expression...but lets be progressive and modern.




3. TWO Toned lips.....ewww!!!! Kevyn Aucoin made this trend hot back in the day with Mary J, but folks that was back in the 90's. Lets fast forward to the present. Please blend the liner in with your lipstick. Your lips will still have definition. It is about a natural transition of color. Chestnut liner with C-thru gloss, Nightmoth with explicit gloss.....no!!!




4. Brows that are 5 shades to dark or tattoed on!!! NO!!!!! Unless you are a blonde please do not apply. Your brow color should match your hair color. No one should be able to tell that you fill your brows in. It should look like you were born that way.




5. Ungroomed brows....the age of catepillars on the face are gone. Full brows are in...but they are still groomed. Just lightly tweeze the hairs that need it. The Brooke Shields trend is still relevant, but even her brows were groomed.




6. Black liner is not everyday!!! I love the Cleopatra/Elizabeth Taylor look. Love IT!!! But not for class everyday, not for work, speaking with clients with your eyes looking like a racoon is not cute. Brown liner is softer. And please do not only line the bottom.




7. Overly powdered skin. Women are walking around here looking like they have literally packed 5 layers of studio fix on!!! Real skin is not overly matte or powdery looking.
Step away from the sponge. Invest in a powder brush.



Ladies...don't let me see you on the street. I'm watching!! You have been warned!!!

No comments: