Thursday, September 27, 2007

Hey Batter! Batter! Batter!!!




Good Evening!! Today has been an up and down day for me....But after speaking with a friend, I feel better. I am also an outdoorsy type of gal, so the nice day also helped to ease my mood.


Lately, I have been noticing that the recent beauty craze is lashes!! Everyone is doing it..lol. Celebrities and normal people alike. I have seen some horrible lash jobs though!!! Some just look like they have literally glued the lashes together and then put them on. I have also seen lashes that just were too overwhelming for a person's face. I recently did a consultation with a bride ( I don't like doing weddings, but she did not seem like she would be a bride-zilla) and her lashes were a little on the sparse and short side. Since it was her wedding day, I did not want to do anything that would take away from her face too much, so I decided on something that would make them look more voluminous and lengthen. MAC #32 eyelashes (shown left) were excellent for the task! I love them!! They look so natural. I love lashes in when doing editorials to just completely take the look up to another level. Can you imagine how different the mod era would look if Twiggy's makeup artist hadn't incorporated those false lashes into the look?



Lashes are that extra piece of jewelry to add just before you leave to polish off your look. Whenever I wear them, I always bat my lashes like a girl at a night club trying to signal the guy sitting across from her to buy her a "drank." I feel sooooo glamorous....so Hollywood!!! Shu-Uemura also makes a synthetic version of the famous mink lashes (the ones that are like $400....J.Lo wears them) for only $20 (shown left).



When applying your lashes and most important accessory, apply a small amount of lash glue to the strip (directly from the tube or squeeze glue on a Q-tip), not the lashes. Let the glue get tacky (count to 10), then look down, place lashes as close to your lash line as possible, finish off with gel or liquid liner to cover glue, and VOILA....you have beautiful eyes!! It is really that simple ladies!! If you don't feel confident in your abilities just get a friend to help. Erykah Badu is going to be performing at LOVE tomorrow night. Me and my lashes will be in attendance!!

No comments: