Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Getting Out of a Bad Relationship

Just recently, I broke up with the love of my life. The love affair had been going on since I was in 14. Saying goodbye has been the hardest thing that I have ever done, especially when there is a common work enviroment. Glancing across the hall and not being tempted to see what's new or to try on the gloss that you wore on your first date with your boyfriend is hard!!! Bad habits really do die hard. I am trying to stay positive and just move forward without any negative thoughts of the past.

I remember our initial chance encounter like it was yesterday. I walked up and everything about it seemed so enthralling!!! I received so many promises of beauty, glamour, and success only to walk away scorned.

At times, I feel that I may have made the wrong decision. Maybe I was just too impatient? But after speaking with people much wiser than myself, I have come to realize that in order to move forward I need to just let some relationships die. I will always have love in my heart for it, but never will it take my breath away with its bright colors and cute packaging. I am moving on a line that will nourish my skin, and bring out my innter beauty. I am proud to say that I have been "clean" for 12 days and counting!!!!

No comments: