Friday, June 20, 2008

The Best Part of My Day



I have been on a healthy diet tip for the past 3 weeks now, recording every single thing I eat, the caloric amount, along with intense workouts 5 days a week (give or take a day..lol). The Gold's Gym Women's Locker room has literally become like my second bathroom. Now, when I purchase any product, I have to purchase an extra set for the gym bag. I go in around 8am, workout for an hour (sometimes hour and a half) and head to the locker room. Now, don't get me wrong, I HATE working out. I love the new diet, because I don't feel so blah anymore.

So what's the favorite part of my day, you ask?? I love peeling my layers of workout clothing off (honey, there are LOTS layers to pull off...lots is needed to nip, tuck, and hold down) and heading to the shower. I carry my Olay Ribbons Body Wash, Burt's Bee's Honey and Shea Butter Body Butter, and Vaseline Cocoa Butter Smoothing Body Butter. The warm water relaxes my muscles, and after I apply my butters(while still wet). First the Burt's Bee's then the Vaseline Cocoa Butter on top (then I go back over the cocoa butter with the honey and shea butter....what can i say, I love the smell of this...light and sweet). I put my makeup on and get ready to start my day. I feel good, I look good, and then I do a final look in the mirror and I am quickly reminded why I put myself through an hour (sometimes hour and a half) of torture: I look good!!!!

My absolute favorite part is massaging the body butter into my skin. The smell and the texture is just so invigorating!!! It's almost like a mini visit to the spa every morning!!! I love the look on the guy at the front desk who says "hello" and "goodbye" to me when I leave. I come in looking comfy and leave looking chicly casual (and pretty!!). The look on his face just confirms what I already know, but the look is reassuring and is that last bit of unnecessary confidence that starts my day.

No comments: