Sunday, June 15, 2008

Serums: The Summer Moisturizer

Lately with the weather being toasty, I have switched from moisturizer to serums. Serums have the hydrating properties of a moisturizer with a lighter feel. Plus, they don't give you as much of a "greasy" look as some moisturizers can while you wait for them to sink in. The right serum can be like light a vitamin taken with a tall glass of water for your skin. Here are my favorites:

1. Chanel Hydramax + Active Serum - It's Chanel!!! Creator of all things pretty!!! I ALWAYS put this on right before my foundation. After I apply it, my skin feels like it has been sprayed with a light refreshing mist of water. It feels supple, hydrated and ready for makeup application. There is a moisture boosting complex that apparently helps skin to retain moisture. For those of you with drier skin, try the cream. It's lovely!!!

2. Bees Naturally Ageless Intensive Repairing Serum- I have only been using this for a week, but we have already forged a strong bond. I wear this on my "no make up days" or right after I wash my face at the gym. This contains Evening Primrose Oil (an ingredient that is found in a couple of Bobbi Brown products), Borage, and Pomegranate. All these ingredients help to fight aging...or atleast to keep you a little bit more preserved. I have recently been using alot of this line. Most of the products are 99% natural. This serum kicks butt to be $25.

Yep, only two. From the products that I have tried (not that many serums as of yet), I really like these.

1 comment:

Virtuous Blue said...

I have yet to try out a serum, but I think I just might have to give Burt Bees a try. I haven't had too many complaints about their other products.

P.S. Hope you're enjoying your summer!

Kenya
VB