Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What's on Mona's Face


Okay....well right now nothing (I sit here typing in the nude preparing to get ready for the day), but I have been wearing:


1. Bobbi Brown Protective Face Lotion SPF 15 and Dermalogica Intensive Eye Repair ( I do a couple of coats of moisturizer....its hot but the skin needs moisture)

2. Since I have a little hyperpigmented area in the inner corner of my eyes, I have to correct before I apply concealer. Now, I am all about the high end product, but lately I have been trying drug store in an effort to shine light on these products that cater to the African American consumer. So I correct/neutralize that area with Black Radiance Concealer Stick in 8003. Then I apply Black Opal Flawless Perfecting Concealer in Bronze 05 on top and gently tap in with the pads of my finger. (products found in CVS or Target).

3. I set it with Bobbi Brown Loose Powder in Pale Yellow.

4. I apply Bobbi Brown Blush in Rose to the apply of my cheeks and blend slightly upward and outward.

5. I fill my brows in with a combo of Bobbi Brown eyeshadow in Cocoa (all throughout the brow) and Chocolate/Espresso (in the tail area). I like my brows to be a bit lighter than the hair on my head for a highlighted effect.

6. I am all about the nude/pinky/tangerine-y lip so I use Laura Mercier Lipstick in Patchouli (nice pinky-beige) followed by either Bobbi Brown lipgloss in Tangerine (nice orange/coral) or Bobbi Brown Lipgloss in Pink Rapsberry (pink with a lilacy glittery undertone).

7. For me in the summer it is all about effortless looking beauty so I opt to do a nice chocolate shimmer on the eye with an Espresso gel liner. All by Bobbi of course.

8. I have been wearing Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara

9. I finish off my Body with NARS BODY Glow all over and then I spray a little Escada Sunset Heat (i love fruity scents...this came out last year...Escada always comes out with a new scent for summer).

**Notice, I don't wear foundation in the summer. Nothing feels worse or looks worse than a sweaty face full of foundation. I just correct what needs to be corrected and leave it at that. When you add foundation to places that don't need it, you run the risk of looking artificial. Summer is all about looking like you woke up gorgeous, not like you had to paint it on.

No comments: