Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Beauty Bargains




The best feeling in the world is leaving the home of all that is wonderful, "niffty", and most importantly CHEAP with a bag full of new beauty products!!! AKA Target!! I can remain in Target in the beauty section for literally hours !!! In fact, I look forward to going to Target after a long week of mental anguish to relax and update myself on new and old products that I may have overlooked on my last trip. I prefer to go alone, because no one seems to understand my fascination with the store. Most of my friends prefer Wal-Mart (Wallyworld).....but my loyalty stands to my beloved Target.



Target's beauty aisle is filled with all my favorite brands from Iman to L'oreal HIP. So today I will post about my favorite finds at Target !!!


1. L'oreal HIP foundations.
I love these!!! They are perfect for the gal with golden or cinnamon undertones. The coverage is medium and they match perfectly! At a price of $14...its worth a try.





2. L'oreal HIP Eyeshadows, gloss, and cream blush


The eyeshadows have to intensity of a MAC shadow but half the price for 2 shadows!!! They come with a cute little mirror on the bottom as well. The glosses smell lovely and the color is intense!! The cream blush is so versatile. It can be used as an eyeshadow as well as blush, because the it dries down to a matte finish. Genius!! Be careful, a little goes a long way. Not to mention this brand has genius advertising. I love Kerry Washington and Scarlett.







3. Sonia Kashuk Brush sets


For those of us, whose pockets are a little small to afford MAC or Sephora brushes..these are perfect. This was my first brush set, until I could afford MAC brushes.








4. NYC nail polish

On Friday nights, when I do self-maintainence...I pick these up for only 99 cents!! The color selection is amazing. You can get a conservative color as well as a color to express your wild side.





5. Cetaphil Cleansers
This company has had the same formulation for as long as it has been a company. It is good for oily skin and dry skin. It is gentle and hydrating but will not break the bank.





6. Covergirl Lash Exact Mascara and Maybelline Clear Mascara

I love the bristles on this brush. They look a little scary, but it gets really close to my lash line to really give my lashes that extra boost. I always get asked if I'm wearing falsies.


I love the clear mascara to hold down unruly brows until they can be tamed. Other companies sell their clear mascaras anywhere from $11 to $20. This is only $6!!


7. Caboodles Carry Cases

After you get all this makeup you will need something to hold it in right? I use these cases to carry all my makeup. You can't beat the prices and its pretty big. They come in several sizes, so you can also have something that will fit in your purse.




8. Neutrogena Makeup Removing Wipes

These are good for removing makeup after a long night when you are just too tired to go wash your face. I keep these by my bed at night, just in case. I am usually pretty good about removing the makeup. MAC sells their wipes for $15....these are $5.49!!!

I hope this helps!!


Jazzy...a base is something that will act as a barrier between the oil on your eyelids and your eyeshadow. This will give your eyeshadow something to adhere to, thereby making the color more intense (the way it looks in the case) and increase the longevity of the shadow. Most people don't base their shadow and by the end of the day its gone or has creased!! A base will eliminate this problem. If you have dry eyelids then try using a concealer as a base (a small thin layer will be enough) or MAC paint pots or MAC paints. Be sure to apply in a nice even layer. Scroll down to the post titled "Paint the Town Red"

No comments: