Monday, October 15, 2007

Weekend Recap















GOOD Morning!!!



This weekend has been hectic but also relaxing. My weekend started on Thursday. I got really excited about what's in store for holiday beauty. The brush, lip, and eye sets that come out are such good gifts and the price points are cheap (to yourself, family, girlfriends, etc.). I love these, because the packaging is fabulous!! It also gives me an opportunity to purchase things for family. I already know that I must get my mom a brush set. It also puts me in the mood to wear red. Not fire engine #1 red, but like a sultry, blackened red with my hair all slicked back into a chignon.



On Friday, I started on my way to the pool, but I had to take a detour. I had forgotten my swim cap and goggles, and I was not sticking a toe in the water without them. So instead of taking a swim, I decided to go to the Borders out in Pentagon City to catch up on my magazine reading. Those who know me, know that I love sitting in bookstores sipping coffee and reading magazines. I feel so relaxed, and I always leave feeling enlightened about the world of beauty. The smell of coffee early in the morning reminds me of being back home, the sound of the coffee machines, and just being there so early just gets me in a good mood. I also read (well more like scanned) the new Rachel Zoe (stylist to the rehab stars) book. Of course I skipped directly to the beauty section. I am really glad she included this, as makeup is an acessory. Then I went to my favorite spot in the world.....Sephora!! I went around sampling other products and what did I find ? The best skincare item ever !!! DDF Retinol Energizing Moisturizer and Silky C!!!! My skin felt so firm, yet soft and extra hydrated!! I couldn't stop touching it. I think I will make this a Christmas gift to myself. It's a bit pricey, but my skin felt so delicious afterwards it's worth it!! This is an investment. Friday night was fun, because I hung out with a friend. We laughed, chilled, spoke about politics, black people, of course makeupand had a good time. It was good to spend time with someone who truly appreciates beauty and makeup as much as myself.



Saturday night, I came home and spent an afternoon with the girls (Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte), but I still managed to be in bed by 9. I had to get up at 6 am to doing makeup for an early photoshoot and report to work ontime. I'm beat, but the weekend was great!!



I am posting twice today. Be on the lookout. Don't forget to take the quiz on the right!!

No comments: