Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Fall into New Makeup





Today is such a great day!! The sun is shining, there is a nice breeze, and the leaves have turned that burnt orange color...We know what that means...Ladies, it's fall!!! With a new weather change, comes new makeup looks. Fall is the perfect time to wear makeup, because the weather is perfect. You can wear perfectly blended foundation without worrying about it melting off. I have been trying new beauty trends of my own with consultation from all my monthly mags and here are my FAVS:

1. Violet Eye Liner
Everyone is jumping on this wagon. Violet liner is hot for fall and winter, because it adds that extra punch of color to your look. Violet is a deeper shade of purple, so if you are afraid of wearing color on your lid this is a good way to segway into color. You can wear this with a nude eye or pair it with a mossy green shadow. I even saw this tip in the November issue of Essence. My favorites are MAC Liquid Last liner in Electrolady, Sephora brand liquid and pencil liners, and Bobbi Brown gel liner in Violet.

2. Matte Lipstick
Okay, I know all the lipgloss girls are sucking their teeth at this one (i.e, Monet), but glossy lips are not everyday. Can you imagine going to a formal event with lips looking like you just finished a 20 piece? No ma'ams!!! MAC has just come out with their new mattene lipsticks!! I LOVE them. They give you the coverage of a traditional matte lipstick without the dry feel of a matte lipstick. Lately, I have been rocking Classic Dame (classic red) with Powersuit (hot pink) with just a tad of gloss for a glisten effect (not glossy). I look like I just stepped off of Dior's runway. They last for hours, plus the color selection is great!!! There is a color for everyone...

3. Pink Blush
I know what you're thinking....pink blush??? Give me a chance.... If blended just the right way, pink blush can give you extra little ounce of youthfulness that we can all use from time to time, especially in the winter months. I like to pair pink blush with a nude eye and pinky-brown lip. My favorites are MAC Dollymix, NARS Exhibit A, Bobbi Brown Pale Pink, and Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Rose . The key here is blended with the right brushes!!!

4. Sage Eyeshadow
Sage is such a great earth tone color that screams fall. It has a nice golden undertone with just a subtle hint of shimmer. It looks good on everyone and the application can vary from intense to soft and diffused. Stila makes this cute little smudge pot in Jade that I really like. She also has a Moss palette with 3 shadow colors and a peachy colored blush that looks awesome.

No comments: